Intermediate Virtualization Consultant
Closing date :
Job type :
Work location :
Starting date :
Malicis is the biggest Québécois professional service firm in the domain of system virtualization and cloud computing. We’re proud to be a benchmark company with regard to the virtualization of infrastructure, applications and workstations. With a team of more than 30 highly qualified specialists, Malicis has distinguished itself as a Canadian leader in its field of expertise.
In order to support our strong growth, we are currently looking for a person who will be able to act an Intermediate Virtualization Consultant to the clients served by the Malicis consulting department.
- Design, validate, integrate, administer and evolve the IT infrastructures to be implemented in client projects;
- Act in the capacity of an expert with clients by providing recommendations on anything having to do with IT systems;
- Plan, direct and control the activities of different projects with the client;
- Identify and study technical innovation on the server and workstation virtualization market;
- Participate in company documentation efforts (Wiki and blog) and produce the reports and procedures necessary for client needs;
- Carry out a knowledge transfer to Junior Consultants.
Desired Qualities :
- Have strong communication skills;
- Be client-oriented;
- Know how to prioritize and determine the objectives to attain for project completion;
- Be able to quickly adapt to diverse work and technological environments;
- Know how to handle unforeseen issues that may arise during projects.
Job Requirements :
- Technical and conceptual mastery of Citrix virtualization solutions (XenApp, XenDesktop, PVS), VMware (vSphere, Horizon View Suite) and applications (VMware ThinApp);
- Have good knowledge of server environments and SAN and NAS storage;
- Have a good understanding of network issues intrinsic to virtualization infrastructures (Communication, VLANs, vSwitch);
- Know basic scripting knowledge;
- Have a college diploma with IT specialization or an attestation of relevant studies;
- Possess a minimum of 5 years experience in IT;
- Be bilingual;
- Own a recognized certification in Citrix, VMware or Microsoft;
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- 4 weeks of paid vacation for all our employees! We believe that a rested employee is a happy employee
- Each 5 years of service, an additional week of vacation.
- Fast integration into the team
- Team Happy Hours
- Team Building
- We encourage you to share your ideas. They’re important to us
- Lunch & Learn
- Best practice
- Cutting edge software
- Hardware provided
Insurance and RRSP
- Group benefits (dental coverage, vision, prescriptions, life insurance, etc.)
- Employee assistance program
- Collective RRSP and SPP
Young and dynamic office
- Open-concept office in WeWork collaborative workspaces
- Ping-Pong table
- Free tea and coffee
- Free breakfast on Monday mornings
- Christmas party in the South
Apply for the Intermediate
Virtualization Consultant Position
Leave your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format (3MB maximum file size).