IT technician level 1 & 2
Closing date :
Job type :
Starting date :
Malicis is the biggest Québécois professional service firm in the domain of system virtualization and cloud computing. We’re proud to be a benchmark company with regard to the virtualization of infrastructure, applications and workstations. With a team of more than 30 highly qualified specialists, Malicis has distinguished itself as a Canadian leader in its field of expertise.
In order to support our strong growth, we are currently seeking someone qualified for the role of IT Technician for the Malicis IT department.
- Offer first and second level support over the phone;
- Perform diagnostics and hardware repairs for desktops, laptops, hard drives, networking and other tools;
- Take care of software, hardware and operational support;
- Install computer stations, software, network printers and other peripheral devices;
- Carry out incident resolution and follow up with users;
- Participate in varying IT projects;
- Update incident documentation using ticket-taking software;
- Keep client software and hardware inventories up to date;
- Take phone calls during regular office hours.
Desired Qualities :
- Know how to prioritize and problem solve;
- Be client-oriented;
- Be independent;
- Have a team spirit.
- Possess knowledge of the following aspects;
- Microsoft network environments (Active Directory)
- Microsoft Office Suite and messaging services
- Networks and network equipment (Cisco Switches and routers, IT wiring, TCP/IP protocols)
- Remote control tools
- Server terminal environments
- Citrix and VMware virtualization products (an asset)
- Have a college diploma specializing in IT or an attestation of relevant education;
- Have a maximum of 2 years experience in IT support.
- 4 weeks of paid vacation for all our employees! We believe that a rested employee is a happy employee
- Each 5 years of service, an additional week of vacation.
- Fast integration into the team
- Team Happy Hours
- Team Building
- We encourage you to share your ideas. They’re important to us
- Lunch & Learn
- Best practice
- Cutting edge software
- Hardware provided
Insurance and RRSP
- Group benefits (dental coverage, vision, prescriptions, life insurance, etc.)
- Employee assistance program
- Collective RRSP and SPP
Young and dynamic office
- Open-concept office in WeWork collaborative workspaces
- Ping-Pong table
- Free tea and coffee
- Free breakfast on Monday mornings
- Christmas party in the South
Apply for the IT Technician Level 1 and 2 Position
Leave your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format (3MB maximum file size).